Education

Five higher-educational institutions within 15 minutes of each other.

Our award-winning educational facilities offer hundreds of academic programs that equip local residents with the skills business professionals need—from electrical engineering, to graphic design, to nursing, you’ll find that Whatcom County offers an extremely talented, highly-educated workforce, with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow their skillset.

A Diverse Education Sector

Whatcom County offers the training programs, internships, and courses that equip specialized and highly-skilled workers across all industries. Partner with local colleges to offer an exclusive internship, grow your employee’s skill sets with new training programs, reach out to schools for recruitment opportunities, start a new apprenticeship program, and more.

Aslan Brewery, for example, partnered with Bellingham Technical College’s culinary program to develop and improve their menu. Transition Bikes also actively recruits highly-skilled interns from Western Washington University. There are endless opportunities to partner with local higher education institutions to improve and grow your business.

You can also enjoy lectures by industry experts, take advantage of job fairs, partner with colleges to use their facilities, and much more. To learn more about higher education opportunities, contact any of the institutions below.

partner-logo-7

WESTERN WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (WWU)

With more than 15,000 students and 160 academic programs, Western Washington University is Washington’s third largest university. WWU is the highest-ranking public, master’s-granting university in the Pacific Northwest.

According to the 2013 U.S. News & World Report college rankings; it was also ranked as one of the healthiest schools in the country.

ReadMore
whatcom_cc

Whatcom Community College (WCC)

Whatcom Community College serves 11,000 students annually; 79% of graduates will earn transfer degrees to continue their educations at four-year colleges or universities. The remaining 21% of graduates will earn professional-technical degrees in high-demand fields.

Beginning fall 2017, WCC will offer a bachelor of applied science in IT Networking; students may begin prerequisites now. WCC is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. The Aspen Institute lists Whatcom among the top 150 community colleges in the nation. WCC also offers basic education, job skills, and Community & Continuing Education classes.

ReadMore
partner-logo-2

Bellingham Technical College (BTC)

With a headcount of more than 5,000 students, Bellingham Technical College is the only two-year technical college in northwest Washington. Plus, BTC has an 82% job placement rate for recent graduates.

BTC offers 35 associate degrees and 43 certificate programs that prepare students for careers in a myriad of industries, including advanced manufacturing, accounting, process technology, registered nursing, radiologic technology, and many others.

ReadMore
trinityrev

Trinity Western University (TWU)

With its main campus located a short drive away in Langley, BC, TWU extended its academic programs into the US for the first time when they opened a campus in Bellingham. With a focus on accelerated adult education, TWU students can earn degrees in leadership, psychology, and project management.

nwic-logo-squarerev

Northwest Indian College (NWIC)

Located on the Lummi Indian Reservation, Northwest Indian College is the only accredited tribal college in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. With nearly 600 students, NWIC offers bachelor’s programs in Native Studies Leadership, Tribal Governance & Business Management, Native Environmental Science, and Community Advocates and Responsive Education (CARE) in Human Service, along with a variety of associate’s and certification programs.